Saturday 19 March 2011

Black Library event and UK Bootaz meeting @ Warhammer World

March 5 saw me attending the Black Library event held at Warhammer World (WW)- Nottingham, UK. It was the first time I have been to this and only my second time to WW. The event was billed as come and meet the authors and hear what they have to say about their work. Q&A sessions and book signings, as well as picking up some early releases. I picked up a copy of the new Garro audio story Garro-Legion of One. A very good story following on from his trip to Terra to warn the Emperor of Horus's plan. With a nice twist at the end (no spoilers here, nothing to see move along).
I jumped in on a talk by some of the authors about their audio work. a very interesting time. I then jumped on the Graham McNeill ( who I shared the milk with at the bar earlier that morning in Bugman's Bar) Q&A session, again gleaming some bits about his work.And lastly the Horus Heresy authors, another good Q&A session.


This was coincided with meeting with fellow UK Bootaz for a game or two of 40k. I met up with Brother Grim, James, Tigerstyle, Ironlord, Happyb00zer21, farthestgoose, MickeyP2K, Lemonsucker55, Andy, EvisRaptor and a couple of others who names I have forgotten. We did not play on the Saturday but played a 5,000 point a-side game on the Sunday. The teams were Me-Necrons, Ironlord-Chaos Marines, Tigerstyle-Sisters of Battle, EvisRaptor-Imperial Guard and MickeyP2K-Salamanders V James-Salamanders(2000pts), Brother Grim-Space Wolves, Andy-Space Wolves and farthestgoose-Space Marines. Well to shorten the game down a little mine and Ironlord got a besting from the both sets of Space Wolves. and We lost the game on kill points by about 10. Never mind better luck next time.

I had a great time and will be joining the gang again in May for our next meeting.

No comments: