Monday 14 March 2011

Exploites of Wookie Jedi - pt 1

Well this is the first time I have tried doing some thing like this. I do hope that it works out.
A little background about me first.
I hale original from Wood Green in London, UK. I now live in Stevenage, Herts with my wife and daughters (meant to have boys for the hobby thing but would not change them).

I have been into Games Workshop since 1988 when a I was first shown a copy of White Dwarf by a friend at a Scout camp. I have been collecting the mag ever since (poss missing a few issues, starting from 104).
I started to get some Space Marines for birthdays and Christmas from my parents but did nothing with them.
I had a brief break from collecting models and then started back into the hobby in about 2002. I stared to paint my Marines in the Poster Boy colours of the Ultramarines. I then decided to play a different race as every one in the store (Enfield - now closed) was also playing marines and it was getting rather boring. This was all during 3rd ed. I have collected about 2k-3k of Necrons since.
I then moved to Stevenage and had my second daughter so the hobby has taken a back seat till I found 40K Radio. I have started to get back into it with a outing to London for a drink with a few of the UK Bootaz (fathestgoose, Brother Grim, Ultra Taff, glenoxo and one other I cant remember sorry). I then attended the Black Library event at Warhammer World on the 5th March 2011 and met up with the UK Bootaz again and meet a few more (Lemonsucker55, Andy, EvisRaptor, Happyb00zer21 & his girlfriend, Ironlord, James, MickeyP2K, Tigerstyle). We played a 4 a-side game with the winning team of fathestgoose, Brother Grim, Andy & James coming out on top. And Me Ironlord, MickeyP2K, Tigerstyle & EvisRaptor Loosing on Kill points.It was a good game and only my second in 5th ed.

I now plan to meet up with the UK guys as much as possible as I don't have a local club and the GW in Stevenage is very small and I don't like the manager.
I am trying to get at least one entry into this years Moto Challenge (not working out too well so far).

So as a when I feel like posting an entry I will and I'll endeavour to post up when I have complete or when I have WIP.

In the mean time Courage & Honour Brothers
WookieJedi

No comments: